Application for Authority to Hunt Fallow deer on Public Land
The 2021 Public Land Deer Hunting Ballot will run through the male deer season only (27/2/2021 – 4/4/2021).
The antlerless season is allocated through a new online booking system that will open for registrations in February 2021.
Hunting groups wishing to enter the ballot must complete the Application for Authority to Hunt Fallow deer on Public Land online form (below) to be considered for the 2021 ballot.
Each group MUST nominate a hunting party leader who enters the ballot once on behalf of the group.
Groups can consist of a maximum of four hunters. The hunting party leader will be the groups nominated contact person.
Important note: The East coast reserves are closed for hunting until 1 March 2021. If you receive an allocation in the following, you cannot hunt until 1 March 2021.
Ballot Closing Date: Close of Business Friday 15 January 2021.
Ballot Draw Date: 25-29 January 2021.
Issuing of Authorisations
The Ballot Coordinator will send authorities to the successful hunters via Australia Post or email in early Febraury.
For further details see
Public Land Deer Hunting Ballot.
Terms and Conditions
There are several important terms and conditions which successful applicants have to adhere to.
This includes the:
- The permit holder must be in possession of a current game licence to take Fallow deer
- Fires are not to be lit. Cooking by gas or liquid fuel stove only
- No cutting or removal of living or dead vegetation is permitted
- The possession and use of chainsaws is prohibited
- Vehicles are to keep to existing tracks
- Permit holder is to wear an item of high visibility clothing while hunting (cap or vest)
- The authority of this permit is not transferable to another person
- The permit holder is to complete the reverse side of this permit and return it to Game Services Tasmania within 14 days of the close of the Fallow deer season
- This permit must be produced on demand of an authorised officer
- Notwithstanding the period specified above the Crown may revoke this permit at any time
- The permit holder must adhere to the Hydro Tasmania Terms and Conditions document
As we have just collected your personal information, we are required to inform you that this information is collected and stored in accordance with the principles of the Personal Information Protection Act 2004. This means that the information will only be used for game management purposes, under the authority of the Wildlife (General) Regulations 2010. You have the right to access or amend any of your personal information collected by the Department. Our website has more information about the
Department’s Personal Information Policy.