The Ringarooma River Catchment Water Management Plan was adopted on 2 February and took effect on 3 December 2014.
Water Management Information Day - Ringarooma River Catchment
The Water Resources Group, Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment (DPIPWE) are hosting a Water Management Information Day in the Ringarooma River catchment. Talk one-to-one, ask questions, find information or provide feedback about your specific water management concerns or needs.
WHERE: Legerwood Hall, Legerwood, between 10am and 4pm on Thursday 16th May.
Drop in at any time that suits you. A BBQ and light refreshments will be provided.
WHAT: The following information will be available regarding the role and services that DPIPWE provides as well as the role of water users in managing water:
- Water licencing - Your water licence, licence conditions, record keeping and other legal requirements for taking water, water licence applications.
- Dams - Dam approvals, construction, operation and safety.
- Water Management Planning - Water management, allocation and access under the
Ringarooma River Catchment Water Management Plan.
- Historic use (summer period take Surety 6) verification process - Requirements for verification of historic use.
- Information on flows and river health - Annual report on flow, water management this season 2018/19 and other information on river condition and health.
- Ringarooma Water Users Group - Role of licensees in managing water sharing: talk to your representative on the RWUG.