Petuna Pty Ltd (Petuna) requested approval 22 September 2017 to prepare Draft Storm Bay North Marine Farming Development Plan (the Plan). The new Plan creates a new marine farming zone (Zone 1) located in central north Storm Bay and is approximately 5km south-east of Betsey Island at its closest point. Zone 1 is approximately 430 hectares with a maximum leasable area of 273 hectares.
Public exhibition documents
The draft Plan and accompanying environmental impact statement (EIS) were exhibited for public comment for two months closing 9 February 2018.
Following the public exhibition, the Marine Farming Planning Review Panel received a report from the Planning Authority (PA) containing:
- a copy of each representation received;
- a copy of each request for a hearing received;
- a detailed response from Petuna in relation to major issues raised in each representation;
- the PA's statement of its opinion as to the merit of each representation and the impact on the draft Plan as a whole; and
- recommendations in relation to the draft Plan
The Panel conducted public hearings and undertook detailed consideration of the draft Plan, before making a recommendation to the Minister in relation to the draft Plan, as set out in the Panel's report (below).
The Plan was approved 2 April 2019.
Download the Plan:
Download the supporting documents: