Better Fishing Grants
Applications for Better Fishing Grants - Round 1 open on 12 August 2021 and will close on 7 October 2021.
Under the $2 million Investing in Improved Facilities for Recreational Fishers and Local Communities commitment, the Tasmanian Government will provide grants to make recreational sea fishing more accessible to Tasmanians.
Incorporated not-for-profit organisations (including community groups and fishing clubs), schools, councils and individuals are eligible to apply.
- The first round provides a total of $100,000.
- Individual grants are limited to a maximum of $10,000.
- Additional and larger grants will be available in later funding rounds commencing in early 2022.
This round of the Better Fishing Grants seeks proposals to provide, upgrade or retrofit facilities and equipment that enhance recreational marine fishing access or quality of experience.
Equipment may include fishing gear, safety gear or auxiliary equipment that improves access to fishers of all abilities.
Facilities may include:
- Pontoons, jetties or other structures installed or upgraded for recreational fishing.
- Fish cleaning tables, bins (including composting bins for fish waste and fishing line dispensers), tables, shelters and lighting.
- Toilets near fishing facilities.
- Paths, steps, walkways or other access routes to fishing locations.
- Other facilities directly associated with recreational fishing.
Guide and application forms
Applicants should read the Guide for Applicants prior to applying. Please attach additional pages to your application if you require more space.
Better Fishing Grants - Guide for Applicants (PDF 267Kb)
Better Fishing Grants - Application Form (PDF 499Kb)
Better Fishing Grants - Application Form (DOCX 4Mb)