Fishwatch - Report Illegal Fishing
Ring Fishwatch on 0427 655 557.
Fishwatch is a 24-hour hotline for the community to report information on illegal fishing activities. The following information will help the Marine Police combat illegal fishing:
Time and location of offence.
- Fishing gear used with ID numbers.
- Car rego numbers and boat distinguishing marks.
- Boat descriptions.
- Name or description of person/s involved.
Information provided to the Marine Police through
- given anonymously;
- acted on immediately;
- used to assist with ongoing investigations;
- used for the planning of compliance operations in the future; or
- used in the assessment and planing of education programs.
is provided by recreational licence fees. It is just one example of licences fees at work to keep Tasmania's fisheries sustainable.
Buying or Selling Recreational Fish is Illegal
to sell, buy, barter or raffle recreationally caught fish. Both the seller and the purchaser are liable for prosecution and heavy fines may apply. Offenders may face confiscation of boats and fishing gear and may be prevented from holding a fishing licence in the future.
You are allowed to give away fish that you have caught but you must not receive any commercial gain for it. If you give fish away, make sure the receiver understand the
for that species.