2021 Fisheries Assistance
The Government is taking action to support the commercial fishing industry through the challenges of COVID-19 and restrictions to key export markets.
The 2021 Fisheries Assistance package will provide $663,000 in fee relief to rock lobster and other commercial fishers.
This funding is in addition to the $5.5 million provided to support the fisheries and aquaculture sector in 2020.
The 2021 Fisheries Assistance package offers targeted relief measures for quota owners and fishers, including:
- waiver of the 2021 biotoxin levy for rock lobster fishers
- waiver of the 2021 translocation levy for rock lobster fishers
- waiver of rock lobster tags fees payable by fishers and processors, and
- waiver of the 2021/22 Fishing Vessel Licence fee for all sectors.
How will it work?
Eligible fishers, licence holders and processors will have the above fees waived through the re-licensing process.
Any payments that have already been made will be refunded. Further information about the refund process will be made available on this website shortly, and fisheries clients will be contacted by DPIPWE.
Queries can be directed to the Fisheries Compliance and Licensing Branch:
Fisheries Compliance and Licensing Branch
Level 1, 134 Macquarie Street
GPO Box 44
HOBART TAS 7001
Phone: (03) 6165 3000, 1300 368 550
Rural financial counselling
Rural Business Tasmania also runs a Rural Financial Counselling Service that provides free, confidential and independent counsel to farmers and producers suffering financial hardship.
For information about Rural Financial Counselling, go to:
www.ruralbusinesstasmania.org.au or call 1300 88 FARM (1300 88 3276).
The Tasmanian Seafood Industry Council and RAW Tas have commenced a project to address:
- dedicated on the ground support for seafood operators, delivered through the RAW Outreach Program; and
- relevant educational resources to encourage fishers to look out for other fishers, and mates to look out for their mates and to seek further support if needed.
Further details are available from: