Emergency Services GIS
The Emergency Services GIS unit (ES-GIS) provides and manages specialised spatial data and services for emergency services' use in planning, preparedness, response and recovery activities after emergency incidents, including:
- The provision of critical spatial data, such as
- Administrative Boundaries
- On call, 24/7 desktop mapping and GIS support for government agencies and other emergency management organisations
- Management and ongoing enhancements to Tasmania's Common Operating Platform (COP)
- Contribution to the development of Australia's spatial information capability to support critical infrastructure protection, counter-terrorism and emergency management activities.