Making an Appeal Under Part 10 of the Strata Titles Act 1998
(Against an Order by the Recorder of Titles made under Part 9)
Who may apply?
An appeal may be lodged by:
- an applicant;
- a person who was entitled to make and made a written submission to the Recorder of Titles;
- a person required by an order to do, or refrain from doing, a specified act.
Lodging an appeal
A notice of appeal may be lodged within 30 days from the date of a decision or order made by the Recorder.
The notice of appeal is lodged with:
Contact: Land Titles Office
134 Macquarie Street
Hobart TAS 7000
Phone: 03 6165 4444
Fax: 03 6223 8089
or may be posted to the Recorder of Titles at:
Contact: Land Titles Office (Postal Address)
GPO Box 541
Hobart TAS 7001
Where can I obtain a form?
Notice of Appeal Forms are available from the Land Titles Office, Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal or by clicking on this link.
What is the cost?
A fee is payable with the application. Please contact the Land Titles Office for the current fee payable.
Where are hearings held?
The Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal will give notice of the time and place of the hearing to all interested persons.
What are the powers of the Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal?
The Tribunal has power to:
- hear appeals against a decision or order made by the Recorder of Titles;
- confirm, vary or revoke a decision or order made under the Act;
- make any further or other decision or order that may be appropriate in the circumstances.
Further enquiries may be directed to the Tribunal at:
Contact: Resource Management & Planning Appeal Tribunal
Resource Management and Planning Appeal Tribunal
Level 1, TGIO Building
144-148 Macquarie Street
Hobart TAS 7000
Phone: 03 6233 6464
Fax: 03 6224 0825
Department switchboard: 1300 368 550 (local call cost within Australia)