Powers of Attorney
Power of Attorney Forms
- Form 1 - General Particular Power of Attorney
Form 1 (22Kb)
- Form 2 - General Power of Attorney
Form 2 (21 KB)
- Form 3 - Particular Enduring Power of Attorney
Form 3 (47 KB)
- Form 4 - General Enduring Power of Attorney
Form 4 (47 KB)
- Form 5 - Registration Form. A form which must be completed, signed and dated with lodgment of any Power of Attorney. A Form 5 is included within the links to each of Forms 1-4 and 6.
- Form 6 - Appointment of The Public Trustee as Attorney
Form 6 (21 KB)
- A Form 5 is included within the links to each of Forms 1-4 and 6.
Where do I lodge a Power Of Attorney for Registration?
Powers of Attorney are lodged for registration with the Land Titles Office.
There are two ways to lodge a Power of Attorney:
1. By Post addressed to:
Land Titles Office
GPO Box 541
Hobart TAS 7001
2. By hand delivery to the officer at the security desk on the ground floor at 134 Macquarie Street, Hobart (Lands Building).
What do I need to lodge?
You need to lodge:
- The original signed, dated and witnessed Power of Attorney document;
- A completed Lodgement Form;
- An original, signed and dated Form 5 Registration Application; and
- The prescribed fee.
The Lodgement Form and the Form 5 Registration Application can be found within the PDF copies of each Power of Attorney form above.
What is the prescribed fee?
The prescribed fees for registration of a Power of Attorney or a revocation of a Power of Attorney may be found on the Land Titles Office Fees page.
How can I pay the prescribed fee?
There are two payment methods available:
1. You can pay by cheque or money order (made payable to: Recorder of Titles) which accompanies your lodgement.
2. You can make a request in writing to pay by credit card. You will need to supply the name and contact number of the credit cardholder. A staff member will then contact the cardholder and process an over the phone credit card transaction.
Note: The following credit cards are accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Visa debit card and Mastercard debit card.
- When lodging a Power of Attorney document for registration, the original signed, dated and witnessed document(s) must be lodged.
- Once registered, it/they will be returned to you via post, so it is important that you provide a correct postal address, or alternatively, you can arrange to collect the original Power of Attorney from the Land Titles Office following registration.
- Staff of the Land Titles Office cannot provide legal advice.
- It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice (from a legal practitioner and/or a trustee company) before completing a Power of Attorney form.