Fruit Fly Assistance Package
Please note: further details on the Transitional Assistance Package will be made available on this website on 1 October 2018.
The $2 million fruit fly support package was announced by the Government on 2 February 2018 and includes:
- Financial assistance for those in the Control Areas suffering significant financial hardship resulting from implementation of fruit fly prevention measures
- Assistance with the costs associated with meeting fruit fly treatment requirements
- Industry assistance to help source new mainland markets for producers within the Control Areas
- Assistance to help with changes that may be required for packaging
- Assistance with fruit clean up and disposal
- Reimbursing costs incurred by industry groups assisting with the response
Grower Assistance Program and Post Farm Gate Assistance Program
Provides financial assistance for those in the Control Areas suffering significant financial hardship resulting from implementation of fruit fly prevention measures.
- Your first application, for the Grower Assistance Program and/or the Post Farm Gate Assistance Program must have been submitted by Friday, 29 June 2018. If you have made an initial application by the due date, you may wish to make more than one claim. The closing date for any subsequent applications following your first lodgement, is by 5pm Friday, 28 September 2018.
Grower Assistance Program
Information about the Grower Assistance Program, including an application form, is available below.
Fruit Fly Grower Assistance Application Form and Program Information
Post Farm Gate Assistance Program
Information about the Post Farm Gate Assistance Program, including an application form, is available below.
Post Farm Gate Assistance Program Application Form (246Kb)
Further Support Services
Counselling services and support are available for farmers and rural communities.
See: Counselling Services and Support for Farmers and Rural Communities
See the latest advisories on
fruit fly detection and information on Control Area restrictions.