Tasmania’s Agri-Food Plan
Tasmania’s Sustainable Agri-Food Plan presents a framework for action, articulates goals, and outlines the initiatives we are delivering to sustainably grow the agriculture and food sectors in Tasmania, including seafood.
Tasmanian Sustainable Agri-Food Plan 2019-23 (874Kb)
The Agri-Food Plan is based on the following principles:
- Industry leadership
- Market-driven development
- Empowering the private sector – red tape reduction
- Maximising the value of the primary industries sector to the Tasmanian economy
- Collaborative, integrated action
- Social and environmental sustainability
- Adaptability to emerging challenges and opportunities
Previous Agri-Food Plan and Update
The first Tasmanian Sustainable Agri-Food Plan (the “Plan”) released in 2016, provided the overarching plan to advance the State’s agriculture and food sectors (including seafood).
Tasmania's Sustainable Agri-Food Plan 2016-2018 (4Mb)
The 2016-18 update highlighted progress one year on from the launch of the first Agri-Food Plan, and outlined additional initiatives linked to the plan.