Bushfire Recovery Grants for Primary Producers
If you are an affected primary producer impacted by the December 2019 - January 2020 bushfires in Tasmania, you may be eligible for a range of assistance, including grant funding and financial counselling.
This grant funding has been extended but is expected to close shortly to new applications.
This support was announced on 4 August 2020.
The funding is for primary producers in fire affected Local Government Areas of:
- Central Highlands and Southern Midlands (Pelham)
- Break O’Day (Mathinna and Fingal)
- Flinders Island (Foochow)
- Glamorgan-Spring Bay (Swansea)
- West Tamar (Winkleigh)
The purpose is to help with direct impacts of the bushfire (damage from fire or smoke).
- Available to directly affected primary producers only (including farmers, fishers, private foresters and beekeepers).
- Maximum grants of up to $75,000.
- This includes the $10,000 standard grant available to primary producers under Category C arrangements.
- For applications exceeding this level, additional information will be required for exceptional circumstances up to the maximum grant of $75,000.
Funds can be spent on:
- Cleaning up and harvesting damaged crops.
- Fodder and water, sheds, fencing and agricultural equipment, where those needs are not covered by existing insurance policies.
For free, independent and confidential financial counselling support, contact the Rural Financial Counselling Service on 1300 883 276.
You can apply for the primary producer grants through FarmPoint - AgriGrowth Tasmania within DPIPWE.
Bushfire 2019-20 Primary Producers - Application (265Kb)
Bushfire 2019-20 - Primary Producers - Guidelines (238Kb)