AgriGrowth Loan Scheme Including Young Farmer Support Package
The AgriGrowth Loan Scheme is an initiative of the Tasmanian Government providing low interest loans to Tasmanian farm businesses and agri-food businesses. It will support projects that advance the government's Agrivision 2050 plan which aims to increase the value of the agriculture and agri-food sectors in Tasmania.
The Loan scheme will provide loans ranging from $100,000 to $3 million to fund projects that otherwise could not be brought forward and/or financed under normal banking arrangements.
Key features of the AgriGrowth Loan Scheme
- Loans of up to $3 million for eligible farm business and agri-food businesses operating in Tasmania for projects that advance the Agrivision 2050 plan.
- Generally loan amounts of less than $100,000 will not be considered under the scheme.
- Loan amounts will be considered up to 80 per cent of a recognised valuation for freehold assets provided for loan security. Other non-freehold assets may also be considered for security.
- The maximum loan term is normally up to five (5) years. Longer terms up to 15 years may be considered in speciic circumstances.
- Variable concessional interest rates will apply (in the order of 3.5 per cent per annum as at June 2018) for a maximum of five (5) years.
- Loans may be repaid in full or fully refinanced at the end of the agreed loan term.
- Principal loan instalments will commence when cash flow is generated.
- Up to five hours of free professional business planning or relevant advice through the Enterprise Centre network is available on request.
- Applications will be assessed on the criteria contained within the guidelines.
- Visit Department of State Growth for eligibility and guidelines.
Irrigation Concessional Arrangement Guidelines
There is information about this policy on the
TasNetworks Connections Pricing web page.
If you wish to find out further information about new connections contact TasNetworks or phone 1300 12 7777 Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
Feed and Fodder Register
For further information on the register, refer to the
Tasfodder website or phone 1800 154 111 (within Tasmania).
Farm Business Loans
A loan scheme with concessional rates that can be applied for at any time. Diversify your markets, prepare for, manage through or recover from drought. Visit Regional Investment Corporation for details.
Farmers requiring immediate advice and support can contact the Rural Financial Counselling Service provided by Rural Business Tasmania on 1300 883 276, the Department of Human Services Farmer Assistance Hotline on 132 316, the ATO Drought Assistance line on 13 11 42 (Option 3) or the Tasmanian Department of State Growth on 1800 440 026 or visiting
Rural Financial Counselling
As part of the national Rural Financial Counselling Program, Rural Financial Counselling Service Tasmania provides confidential and independent counsel to primary producers, fishermen and small rural business that are suffering financial hardship.
For further information visit the RFCST webpage or contact them on 1300 883 276
Farm Household Allowance
There is a national
farm household allowance
payment. More information is available on the Federal Governments agriculture website
Farm Management Deposits and Tax
Access will be maintained to the current Australia-wide primary producer taxation concessions, including the Farm Management Deposits Scheme and income tax averaging. It is recommended that you should seek advice from financial professions before making any adjustments.
The following Australian Taxation Office links will assist you in finding out about tax concessions that can be accessed by primary producers.
Social Support Services
Personal Helpers and Mentors is an Australian Government program established for targeted community mental health care.
The links will take you to the service provider in the following Tasmanian areas:
Rural Alive and Well is a non-profit organisation delivering suicide prevention, intervention and community well-being services state wide.