The Extension Accelerator Program is for employers of graduates working in extension in the agrifood sector. It is a partnership between Government, industry and the Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture that provides the opportunity to:
- fast track development of young, agricultural extension professionals
- add value to Tasmanian businesses
- develop Tasmanian agribusinesses as an employer of choice
About Extension Accelerator
- the objective of the of the Extension Accelerator Program is to build extension capabilities within the Tasmanian agrifood sector
- with over $140,000 of Government funding the program provides professional development for your graduates
- the program offers collegial support and mentoring opportunities to build networks within the sector
- the structured program will rapidly develop skills and capabilities within a professional workplace
The program will run for 18 months from March 2020 until September 2021.
The diagram below summarises the program content and what it delivers for participants:
The White Paper Growing Tasmanian Agriculture: Research, Development and Extension for 2050 included an action to establish a new pilot Agricultural Graduate Partnership Program within the Agricultural Systems Centre in TIA and with a specific focus on extension.
The program was launched on 25 October 2019 when industry was invited to provide input to the design of the Program. The final Program content reflects and incorporates input from industry.
Applications for Extension Accelerator have now closed
- Applications opened on: Thursday 13 February 2020
- Applications closed on: Wednesday 4 March 2020