It is important to consider what business planning you need to undertake in starting and growing a new venture on your property.
links below provide a number of general resources to help you along the
path to business planning, including funding assistance and contacts
to assist you.
FarmPoint provides links to information relating to available grants, subsidies, funding and financial support for agricultural industries in Tasmania.
Business Tasmania provides all the information and services you need to help you start,
run and grow your business including grants for development and mentoring services.
Enterprise Centres Tasmania
can support you with clear and considered advice through one-on-one
consultation, workshops and networking events. Enterprise Centres
Tasmania is a free service supported by the Tasmanian Government and is
designed for every stage of your business life.
Rural Business Tasmania (RBT) provides
a number of financial counselling services
and business mentoring
programs specifically tailored for regional and rural business owners.
RBT is also the provider for the Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS).
The RFCS is a statewide free, confidential, and independent counsel to primary producers, fishermen and small rural and regional businesses that are suffering financial hardship and have no alternative sources of impartial support.
The service seeks to:
- Help clients gain better understanding of their financial position;
- Help clients identify financial and business risk and opportunities;
- Help clients negotiate with lenders and creditors;
- Provide clients information about their eligibility for Federal and State government services and financial assistance schemes;
- Refer clients to specialist service providers including accountants, agricultural advisers, succession planners, family mediation, and health and wellbeing counsellors.
RFCS Tasmania is part of the national Rural Counselling Program, and receives its funding from the Australian Government, DPIPWE, Rural Youth Tasmania, and a number of commercial sponsors.
All matters discussed with the service are confidential and nothing will be disclosed to outside agencies or individuals without the client's permission.