Game Services Tasmania
Game Services Tasmania (GST) is part of AgriGrowth Tasmania in DPIPWE and manages all issues relating to hunting, game and browsing animals in Tasmania. GST focuses on supporting landholders, farmers and hunters to effectively manage game and browsing animal issues relating to the hunting and primary industry sectors.
Tasmanian Game Council
The Tasmanian Game Council is an independent advisory body on game and browsing animal management in Tasmania. This peak body provides advice to the Minister on delivering Quality Deer Management in Tasmania, hunting and game management, browsing animal management, and deer farming matters.
Members for the Council are selected through an Expressions of Interest process and are appointed for a three-year period based on their skills and experience in relation to one or more of the following; commercial farming, deer farming, hunting and game management, natural resource management, private land conservation and public land management. Members are not appointed as representatives of specific organisations, however they are encouraged to maintain contacts with stakeholder groups.
Current Council members:
- Greg Hall (Chair)
- Andrew Winwood (Hunting and game animal management)
- Don Riddell (Hunting and game animal management)
- Scott Freeman (Hunting and game animal management)
- Louisa Street (Commercial farming and grazing management)
- Don Jones (Commercial farming and grazing management)
- Alistair Cameron (Commercial farming and grazing management)
- Anthony Archer (Deer farming)
- Jim Wilson (Natural Resource Management)
- James Hattam (Private Land Conservation)
- Jean-Paul Morice (Public Land Management)
- Anthony Gibbons (Meat Processing and value-adding)
For more information contact Robin Thompson, Manager, Game Services Tasmania on (03) 6777 2157 or by email to Robin.Thompson@dpipwe.tas.gov.au