Agricultural Workforce Resilience Package
Seasonal work has been impacted by COVID-19. Travel and border restrictions means agriculture, food processing, and critical food supply chain businesses will need a local workforce for the coming planting, production and season, and possibly beyond.
The Tasmanian Government's Agricultural Workforce Resilience Package is providing $1.9 million over two years to attract and retain local workers.
The Package includes:
- Tassie Harvest Jobs. Take Your Pick - the local agricultural jobs campaign to encourage Tasmanians to consider new career options
- support for industry resilience, promotion and targeted development of skills and training, including an industry-sponsored boost to regional transport
- extending the Farmpoint one-stop point of contact for primary producers
- boosting Safe Farming Tasmania to ensure agricultural employees are workforce ready and workplaces are COVID-19 safe
- establishing a roundtable with experience and knowledge of the Tasmanian agricultural industry and their local communities, to provide advice on Government projects and campaigns