The Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment (DPIPWE) is fortunate to work alongside thousands of hardworking and skilled volunteers, who partner with us every day to achieve environmental conservation and sustainability outcomes to preserve the heritage and biodiversity of Tasmania.
Volunteer involvement at DPIPWE
The Department is currently improving our approach to volunteer management in accordance with the principles of Volunteering Australia's National Standards to Volunteer Involvement (2015).
What does this mean for DPIPWE's volunteers?
The aim is to provide volunteers with:
- Access to key information published on this website
- A simple online volunteer registration process
- A way to capture and report on volunteer participation and program achievements
- Opportunitites for DPIPWE's 3,000+ volunteers to share experiences and connect with each other
- Increased support and greater connection with the Department.
We anticipate launching improvements in late 2020.