Draft Recreational Sea Fishing Strategy
A draft Strategy to better manage recreational sea fishing in Tasmania over the next 10 years has been released.
Public comment is invited by Monday 26 July 2021.
The Draft Recreational Fishing Strategy proposes 52 actions across 6 outcomes focused on:
- valuing recreational fishing
- involving the community in fisheries management
- making it easier for people to go fishing
- promoting responsible recreational fishing
- ensuring the long-term sustainability of fish stocks and habitats
- improving capacity to support recreational fishing.
Consultation meetings will be held in Launceston, Burnie, St Helens and Hobart to discuss the draft strategy and seek public input on proposals.
Feedback provided through submissions and points raised at consultative meetings will be used to inform the final strategy, which will be released by September.
See more information about the Draft Tasmanian Recreational Sea Fishing Strategy public consultation process.