DPIPWE at Agfest
We are back in the paddock for Agfest 2021 with an array of exciting displays on offer. See us at the DPIPWE tent at site 827, Quercus Park, Carrick from Wednesday 5 May to Saturday 8 May.
DPIPWE at Agfest videos
What’s in store this year?
Find out from Biosecurity Tasmania how you can help protect the state from pests, diseases, and weeds by getting to know your General Biosecurity Duty. The General Biosecurity Duty is a core part of Tasmania’s Biosecurity Act 2019 and came into effect on 31 March 2021.
Agriculture and Water staff will be at the DPIPWE tent informing visitors about ‘Tassie Harvest Jobs – take your pick’. Locals are being encouraged to apply for agriculture roles in the state; come and have a chat to see what roles are on offer.
- Staff from Agriculture and Water will also answer queries about FarmPoint and the Agri-Food Scorecard, health and safety on the farm including COVID-19 and quad bike safety, managing browsing wildlife, and dams and water licensing.
- Experience nature at its finest and learn how Parks and Wildlife Service staff keep our world-renowned parks and reserves protected through key programs such as the Fire Management Program and the Leave No Trace Program.
EPA Tasmania staff will also be onsite to explain new waste and resource recovery and recycling initiatives, including the statewide Container Refund Scheme (CRS) which aims to reduce litter and boost recycling.
Land Tasmania will continue its LISTmap display, showcasing the power of web-based and widely accessible location data and how they support the community, industry, and visitors to the state.
NRM North will be in the tent highlighting joint projects with DPIPWE including the Weeds Action Fund, and the Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture will present their thought-provoking display.
- The DPIPWE exhibit is on display from Wednesday 5 May to Saturday 8 May 2021, visit us at site 827.
While at Agfest, check out the new fishing simulators at the Recreational Fisheries site at North 66, and catch tips on responsible fishing from the Fisheries team and Fishcare volunteers.
COVID-19 safety information
To comply with COVID-19 requirements, additional safety measures will be in place at Rural Youth’s Agfest this year, including at the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment (DPIPWE) tent.
Additional safety measures at the site include:
- Social distancing measures of 1.5 metres between people/household groups must be maintained at all times;
- Hand sanitiser stations and hand washing stations will be available on site and will be identified by signage;
- Rural Youth COVID agents will be engaged specifically to monitor and encourage social distancing in all walkways, on exhibitor sites and in high traffic areas; and
Visitor entry to the DPIPWE site will be managed to control crowd numbers and ensure sufficient spacing. DPIPWE staff will assist you to be COVID safe within our display area.
No Tickets will be sold at the gate for 2021.
All attendees to Agfest will be required to purchase tickets online via the
, to comply with COVID-19 contract tracing requirements by Tasmanian Public Health.
Patrons that arrive at the Agfest site will be asked to ‘check in’ and will need to download the ‘Check in TAS’ app on their phone, via Google Play or the Apple App store.