Freight subsidies for primary producers
Freight subsidies are available to assist primary producers impacted by the Tasmanian bushfires December 2018 / January 2019.
The subsidies available cover transport of:
- This grant has now closed to initial applications.
- Subsequent claims (following on from initial claims and within six months of the first movement) can be submitted until the end of July 2019.
- Available to eligible farmers and primary producers that have suffered asset damage as a result of the bushfires.
- A subsidy of up to 50% of the total freight cost (maximum $15,000) per farm enterprise is available.
- fodder or water to a property
- stock to/from agistment
- stock to sale or slaughter, and
- road transport of building materials directly associated with primary production, fencing materials, machinery or equipment.
Freight subsidies are being jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Tasmania under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
Guidelines and Claim form
Disaster Transport Subsidy Guidelines (125Kb)
Claim for Disaster Transport Subsidy (352Kb)