The Tasmanian Government has announced new grant programs to support local businesses affected by bushfires.
- Provides funding to support eligible Tasmanian businesses who have experienced significant disruption to the day-to-day running of their business for a period of two consecutive days or more as a result of the recent bushfires.
- Up to $2,000 is available for each eligible small business to assist in business recovery. Applications close 22 March 2019.
For more information and queries, please email email@example.com or call Business Tasmania on 1800 440 026.
- To assist with the longer-term recovery, Bushfire Business Recovery Grants will soon be available for small to medium sized enterprises.
- Grants of up to $25,000 will be available to help cover demonstrated irrecoverable losses.
- The soon to be established loan scheme will assist businesses to re-establish after being directly impacted by the bushfires.
- Up to $100,000 each will be available to small business owners or farm businesses on an unsecured basis will be available over a maximum term of five years.
To find out when the Recovery Grant and Loan Scheme open please contact Business Tasmania on 1800 440 026 or follow Business Tasmania on Facebook @BusinessTasmania or Twitter @BusinessTas
- Available to eligible farmers and primary producers that have suffered asset damage as a result of the bushfires.
- A subsidy of up to 50% of the total freight cost (maximum $15,000) per farm enterprise is available.
Tasmanian Community Assistance
In addition to the above grants and loan scheme, a range of financial assistance measures have already been activated. Please refer to the TasAlert Financial Assistance