The South Esk River Catchment Water Management Plan was adopted on 16 June 2013 and took effect on 3 December 2014.
The purpose of the Plan is to provide a framework for managing the water resources of the South Esk River Catchment in accordance with the objectives of the Water Management Act 1999
South Esk Water Management Plan (1.05 MB)
New cease to take flow thresholds for Surety 5,6 and 7 allocations came into effect under an exemption order published in 2017. These replace the cease to take thresholds set out in the South Esk River Catchment Water Management Plan. Exemption order - cease to take thresholds for the South Esk River Catchment (662Kb)
South Esk River Catchment - cease to take and restriction thresholds for Surety 5, 6 and 7 water allocations (148Kb)
South Esk River Catchment – Surety 8 allocations and opportunistic take of water (137Kb)
The following documents provide background information used for the consultation process in the development of the draft Plan.
Consultative group role and function for the South Esk catchment Water Management Planwww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00291_1
Consultative group meeting 2 - Water Resources Information Package August 2008 - background information on the status of the South Esk catchmentwww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00293_1
Consultative group meeting 4 - Water Resources Information Package November 2008 - Summary of the Environmental Flows Report (see full report below)www.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00307_1
The reports that have been prepared for the development of the South Esk (above Macquarie) Water Management Plan are available via the STORS website and can be accessed below.
Water use and management arrangements for the South Esk River (above Macquarie junction)www.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00290_1
Future water demand in the South Esk River catchment (above Macquarie junction)www.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00288_1
Water quality monitoring in the South Esk River catchment (above Macquarie junction) www.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00292_1
Catchment hydrology and ecology
Surface water hydrology of the South Esk River catchmentwww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00134_1
Assessment of Freshwater Ecosystem Values in the South Esk River catchment: Guidance for Water Managementwww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00289_1
Environmental Flows for the South Esk Water Management Planwww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00126_1
- Environmental flows assessment for the lower South Esk River at Neck of Bottlewww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00127_1
- Environmental flows assessment for the lower South Esk River downstream Glen Esk Bridgewww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00128_1
- Environmental flows assessment for the South Esk River at Ormleywww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00129_1
- Environmental flows assessment for the lower South Esk River at Malahidewww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00130_1
- Environmental flows assessment for the Nile River at Glen Maviswww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00131_1
- Environmental flows assessment for the lower St Pauls Riverwww.stors.tas.gov.au/au-7-0054-00132_1