The Wild Fisheries Management Branch of DPIPWE manages fisheries in State marine waters and the
Inland Fisheries Service
has jurisdiction over freshwater fishing. Links to the relevant fisheries legislation and guidelines for commercial and recreational fishers are below.
Rules and Management Plans
* denotes that these fisheries are managed under a management plan
Research Area Orders
- Elephant Rock Fisheries (Research Area) Order 2009
- North Bay Fisheries (Research Area) Order 2009
- Fisheries (Research Area) Order (No.1) 2009
- Fisheries (Research Area) Order (No.5) 2008
- Taroona Waters Fisheries (Research Area) Order 2008
Fisheries (Research Area) Order 1996
Fisheries Licensing and Ministerial Guidelines
These are administrative policy guidelines approved by the Minister under section 75 of the
Living Marine Resources Management Act 1995
Public notices are used for purposes such as opening and closing seasons, setting total allowable catches and emergency fishery closures. They are also published in major newspapers in Tasmania.
To see current DPIPWE fishery public notices go to the Tasmanian Government Public Notices website.