Okehampton Bay Submissions
Submissions Addressing the Terms of Reference for Proposed Salmonid Farming Operations at Okehampton Bay
The Marine Farming Planning Review Panel (the Panel) invites written submissions on the terms of reference (provided below), as part of its independent assessment of proposed salmonid marine farming operations at Okehampton Bay in the Great Oyster Bay and Mercury Passage Marine Farming Development Plan area.
Only submissions addressing the terms of reference will be considered by the Panel.
Submissions will be considered by the Panel as part of its report to the Minister for Primary Industries and Water.
Submissions are to address one or more of the following;
- The environmental science supporting the proposed environmental monitoring and management of salmon farming at Okehampton Bay within the Great Oyster Bay and Mercury Passage Marine Farming Development Plan October 1998 (as reviewed in 2007) area; and;
- The adequacy of the environmental baseline data and surveys to allow the Director, Environmental Protection Authority to establish a contemporary environmental management regime for the purposed marine farming activity; and
- The adequacy of the Great Oyster Bay and Mercury Passage Marine Farming Development Plan October 1998 to allow for the implementation of a contemporary environmental management regime for proposed salmonid marine farming at Okehampton Bay.
Copy of the Great Oyster Bay and Mercury Passage Marine Farming Development Plan October 1998
Copy of the Baseline Environmental Assessment of Marine Farming Lease #236 Finfish Farm at Okehampton Bay February 2002
Submissions are to:
- be made in writing
- address the terms of reference only
- state the name of the person making the submission
- be lodged by midnight on 26 September 2016 with the Marine Farming Planning Review Panel, GPO Box 44, HOBART TAS 7001 or by email to MFPRPOkehampton@dpipwe.tas.gov.au
Submissions not addressed as described above and/or are not received by the advertised date will not be considered as a submission to the Panel.
The contents of submissions will be available for viewing by any member of the public unless they are marked "confidential". The Panel is subject to the Right to Information Act 2009 and may be required to disclose information under that Act if it is in the public interest to do so.
For further information please phone the DPIPWE on 03 6165 3110.