New Giant Crab Management Plan
The giant crab management plan (Fisheries (Giant Crab) Rules 2013
) came into force on 1 March 2013.
The primary amendments found in the 2013 management plan include:
The giant crab fishery management plan, the
Fisheries (Giant Crab) Rules 2013 is available to view from the
Tasmanian legislation website.
- the removal of carryover provisions;
- the removal of the maximum size limit for giant crab;
- giant crab to be taken under the authority of a single licence held on a fishing certificate;
- the removal of interstate unloading provisions; and
- all giant crab to be unloaded before a fishing vessel leaves State waters.
Contact: Fisheries Management Officer (Crustacean)
Fisheries Management Officer
1 Franklin Wharf HOBART TAS 7000 TAS
Phone: 03 6165 3045