Fruit Fly Assistance Package
An assistance package for businesses impacted by the detection of fruit fly in Tasmania in January 2018 has been announced.
The package includes:
- Financial assistance for those in the control area suffering significant financial hardship resulting from implementation of fruit fly prevention measures
- Assistance with the costs associated with meeting fruit fly treatment requirements
- Industry assistance to help source new mainland markets for producers within the control area
- Assistance to help with changes that may be required for packaging
- Assistance with fruit clean up and disposal
- Reimbursing costs incurred by industry groups assisting with the response
Grower Assistance Program
Information about the Grower Assistance Program, including an application form is now available below.
Fruit Fly Grower Assistance Application Form and Program Information
What you need to know
- Your application MUST be submitted by
5 pm AEDT Friday, 29 June 2018. It is recognised that you may wish to make more than one claim. The closing date for any subsequent applications you may wish to make, following your first lodgement, is Friday, 28 September 2018.
- The application form details the guidelines of the assistance for primary producers.
- Enquiries can be directed to the contact details on the bottom of this page.
Distributors and Retailers Assistance Program
The application form for distributors and retailers will be available shortly.
See the latest advisories on
fruit fly detection and information on control area restrictions.