Fruit Fly Assistance Package
An assistance package for businesses impacted by the detection of fruit fly in Tasmania in January 2018 has been announced.
The package includes:
- Financial assistance for those in the Control Area suffering significant financial hardship resulting from implementation of fruit fly prevention measures
- Assistance with the costs associated with meeting fruit fly treatment requirements
- Industry assistance to help source new mainland markets for producers within the Control Area
- Assistance to help with changes that may be required for packaging
- Assistance with fruit clean up and disposal
- Reimbursing costs incurred by industry groups assisting with the response
Grower Assistance Program
Information about the Grower Assistance Program, including an application form, is available below.
Fruit Fly Grower Assistance Application Form and Program Information
Post Farm Gate Assistance Program
Information about the Post Farm Gate Assistance Program, including an application form, is available below.
Post Farm Gate Assistance Program Application Form (246Kb)
Cold Treatment Equipment Program
Information about the Cold Treatment Equipment Program, including an application form, is available below.
Cold Treatment Equipment Program Application Form (217Kb)
What you need to know about these programs
- Your first application MUST be submitted by
5 pm AEDT Friday, 29 June 2018. It is recognised that you may wish to make more than one claim. The closing date for any subsequent applications you may wish to make, following your first lodgement, is Friday, 28 September 2018.
- The application form includes details about the assistance available.
- Enquiries can be directed to the contact details on the bottom of this page.
See the latest advisories on
fruit fly detection and information on Control Area restrictions.