(The Tasmanian Salinity Audit)
In August 2000 Tasmania completed the report of a project under the National Land and Water Resource Audit titled "Extent and Impacts of Dryland Salinity in Tasmania" by CH Bastick and MG Walker, Tasmanian Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment.
An Executive Summary
of the Report is available.
The full report is also available in two volumes. The Report documents have been provided as PDF files.Volume 1
Extent and Impacts of Dryland Salinity in Tasmania (118 KB)
This volume contains:
- Description of the methodology,
- Key findings for agriculture, water, biodiversity and infrastructure
- Applications of key findings
- RecommendationsVolume 2 Appendices
Extent and impacts of Dryland Salinity in Tasmania (225 KB)
This volume contains the main background information and analyses used to compile the information in Volume 1:
- Appendix 1 Land Systems in Tasmania containing Areas of Salinity
- Appendix 2 Extent trends and economic impact of Dryland Salinity in Tasmania.Appendix 3 Groundwater.
- Appendix 4(a) Surface Water Monitoring,
- Appendix 4(b) Surface water in Tasmania - an Overview.
- Appendix 5 Potential impacts of Salinity on Biodiversity Values in Tasmania
In addition to the two reports a series of three 1:250 000 maps depicting Land Systems Containing Areas of Salinity in 2000 have been published and can be purchased from the contact below.See also the pdf map below:
Land Systems Containing Areas of Salinity 2003 (975 KB)