Tasmanian Food and Beverage Industry ScoreCard 2009-10
The food and beverage sector continued to perform strongly in 2009-10.
Some significant highlights were:
- Tasmania's top 10 food categories accounted for more than 90% of food and beverage trade revenue.
- Total food trade revenue of the top 10 items increased by $108 million in 2009-10.
- In the dairy sector the value of raw milk production fell significantly (- $60 million) in 2009-10. Overseas exports fell by $45 million. However interstate sales of higher value cheese increased marginally.
- The negative dairy result was more than offset by significant increases in value of beer and salmon with a combined increase in trade revenue of $125 million.
- The production of potatoes and carrots increased significantly and those vegetables combined generated an additional $62 million trade revenue.