Tasmanian Food and Beverage Industry ScoreCard 2008-09
2008-09 was a particularly strong year for food production in Tasmania.
Some significant highlights were:
- Value of food at Farm Gate/Beach = $1,416 million
- Value of food once packed & processed = $2,717 million
- Gross Value of Food Sales (overseas exports, net interstate trade & domestic sales) = $4,412 million
- Net Food Revenue (Gross Food Revenue less imports) = $3,848 million
- Overseas Exports = $572 million
- Net Interstate Trade = $1,444 million (2.5 times overseas exports)
- Food Retail & Food Service Sales in Tasmania = $2,312 million
- Tasmania sold 74 per cent of the food produced (by value) to interstate and overseas customers i.e. a big net surplus.
Download the ScoreCard below:
Tasmanian Food and Beverage Industry ScoreCard 2008 - 09 (5.77 MB)